Friday 20 January 2017

Book Art



Hello all... Today  just wanted to show you what i have been up to lately 


I made this for a friend who's Baby is due very soon (so i hope she doesn't come across this post)

How beautiful does it look?
 Its just something different and unusual, It was a friend Dena (check out her face book page she has some lovely items for sale) Dena's Designs that actually introduced me to the wonderful world of book art or book folding and i absolutely love it.. 

So how did i make this i hear you ask...

The pattern for this available to purchase from Etsy.uk the store is called LoveBookFolding
I have purchased a few patterns from this store and they are brilliant.....The instructions are so easy to follow, anyone can do them.

The link for this particular pattern is  https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/256667774/book-folding-pattern-heart-and-baby-feet it costs only £4.80 and when you think you can make as many of these as you wanted i think that's extremely reasonable, Go over there and take a look. The pattern i purchased was in cm, but they also do them in inches, depending what measurement you like using. 


To start off with i work out my starting pages and get all the folds done
Sorry for how blurred this picture is but you can still get an idea of how it all looks

I then unfold all the pages and start working on the pattern,
Marking as and when the pattern requires.

Once I have the first part of the pattern marked, I then make all the required cuts and folds 

 
I personally find it easier to work one sheet of the pattern at a time doing all the marking, then going back to do the cutting before I start on the next page of the pattern, I also use scrap paper when I'm cutting to make sure I don't cut through the other pages (I have done that before) 





First page and second page of the pattern completed


                                                                                                    Third and Fourth page of the pattern.
Now you could just leave the book as it is, It's beautiful... but just adding a little bit of decoration you can add a real personal feel. I cover the books with some wall paper, The paper I'm using is a roll that was left over from my mum and dads bedroom, When they had theirs re papered (Sshhhh don't tell anyone!) 
                                                                        The BannerThe baby banner I made by cutting seven 2.5 cm x 1.5 cm backing, scoring at 0.5 cm across, Then adhering the letters,The Letters were die cut using the tattered lace elegant alphabet, Then glued into place onto a length of ribbon, I used some clips while the glue dried.


The Flowers

The flowers are made using the die set from signature collection by Sara Davies and are called Floral Delight In Bloom


The Pram

And to make the little pram I used a circle nest die from Sizzix, cut out a quarter of it used a pair or pinking scissors, to create the wavy edges and the x cut button dies to make the wheels, so easy and simply to do. 


All the decorations I fix into place with my Glue gun.

This is a step that can be completely missed out in all honestly, The book with the folded pages does hold its own, But just to make sure it holds its place while I'm wrapping it i do create a base for it.

For this i draw down the sides on the bottom of the book on a piece of card, from that line just drawn, measure 0.5 cm in and draw another, then from the new line just made measure 2 cm and join that.


Cut it out, score on the line that is on the inside


And put in the bottom of the book.


Then its just a case of wrapping and your all done.


From start to finish it did take roughly about two days, 
but they look so beautiful!
I'm in love with this pattern and even if you do make a mistake while cutting you don't have to through it away and start again its easy enough to sort, its very forgiving

Well that's the end of this post 
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look,
hope you enjoyed and don't for get to check out the links above.

Laura xx  









No comments:

Post a Comment