Wednesday 18 May 2016

Colouring with Spectrum Noir and Copic Markers - Bookworm Fairy



Here I go again with more colouring, This time I used and image call bookworm fairy by artist Hannah Lynn, I love her images they are beautifully drawn and such a pleasure to colour, as always there is a video available on my you tube channel

The image is available to purchase at www.craftsandme.co.uk

Skin and Hair

Her hair and skin, I used pretty much the same colour combination as I did I'm my previous post,
these generally are my go to combos, but I am currently using some different combination which I will share with you in the future .

Skin: Spectrum Noir TN2, FS2, FS3 and CR3
Hair: Copic  E47 E37 and E33


Wings and Clothes

Her wings are a combination of the two different brands of pens and I love the way they have worked together I have used Spectrum Noir: HB1, HB2 and in Copic: B00 B02.

For her clothes I used PP1, FS8, IG1, IG4, once I had finished the colouring, I decided to go back in with IG1 and add some deeper shadow lines to her clothes, I'd never tried it before but I really like the way it looks, so it definitely something I would try again.

Finishing Touches

And for the finishing touches 
Eyes: B05, B02 B00
Lip: RV04, RV02
Book: RV04, RV02, E33
Butterfly: RV04, RV02
Glasses: RV04, RV02, B00
Pencil: CT1, CT2, RV04, RV02
Lamp: IG6, IG4, IG1 
And Worm: LG1, LG3

Background


And finally for the background, I printed an image the same size and cut around the edges as close as I could. I used a little removable tape to fix it over the coloured image, and used distress inks, starting with spun sugar, then milled lavender, and peacock feathers around the edge. To finish off I spritzed the image with some perfect pearls mixed with a little water for some extra sparkle and dried with a heat gun. I haven't really played around with the distress inks but I love the end results.

she looks so pretty!

I will be doing a DIY video hopefully next week using her on a project be sure to keep an eye out for that one (Once its done I will add the link on here)

Thanks for stopping by and don't for get to check out the video

Laura x 


No comments:

Post a Comment