Wednesday 18 May 2016

Colouring with Spectrum Noir and Copic Markers - Sand Castle






Its been a very long time since I have written anything so for that I'm sorry but I'm back with a new colouring tutorial.

On the crafts and me face book page I entered one of their freebie challenges and was lucky enough to be picked as one of the runner ups and received two Digi stamps of my choice.

This is what I coloured its called Cornucopia by Robin Pushay
and I spent about 5 days colouring making sure I had the colours perfect, as I had never coloured such a detailed image! but I was so happy with the outcome.

 

So back what  this original post is about,  Sand Castle this is again available for purchase from www.craftsandme.co.uk  its a beautiful image so please check it out.




I used a combination mostly Spectrum Noir, and Copic for her hair I decided to keep the back ground simple as I didn't want to over take from the main image.

This is available on my you tube channel as a video
https://youtu.be/5OZVJKoEoKE



So to start off I done her skin, My favourite combination of Spectrum Noir colours I like to use is
TN2, FS2, FS3, and CR3
For her lips I used BP4
and her eyes I used HB1, HB2, IB2

For the shells I decided to take to Google and have a look, I wanted to get the right colours and when I was looking at different images they had lots of peach with a hit of grey so I tried to incorporate this is as best I could the colours I went with were TN1, FS6, FS8, BG1



 The water globe I just kept very simple I used CT1 to colour all over then used nothing special just a plain yellow glittery gel pen, to add a little detail and for the water in the globe IB1.



Her tail was the bit I really enjoyed colouring, I wanted to create almost like a two tone effect, and I also wanted to blend her skin into her tail
The colours used for this are HB1, HB2, GT1, GT2




For her hair I used some Copic markers, I don't have many in my collection but they are gradually growing, E47, E37, E33





To do the back ground I lined the whole image with IB2, coloured the back ground with IB1 and used LG3 for the sea weed, Then to finish off I used a white gel pen to add some detail to the shells sea weed, and to brighten up her pearls.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, don't forget to check out the video
https://youtu.be/5OZVJKoEoKE
Laura x




No comments:

Post a Comment